Thursday, November 26, 2009

Storms, Shows and Sunshine

Friday 27 November
Hi everyone,

As you may or may not have heard Victoria was hit by a brief and brutal storm yesterday afternoon. It was the strangest thing I have ever seen. Dad and I were having a coffee - was nice and sunny and warm outside, then went downstairs to JB Hi-Fi (which is in a cellar, so windowless). We would have been down there approx 20 mins, and when we came to the top of the escalator, it was dark; like darker than it was when Dad and I went to the airport at 6am this morning... and it was 2 in the afternoon. We took off back to the hotel, and couldn't go into our room (as housekeeping were fluffing our pillows, or some shit), so went upstairs and watched the storm from the pool/spa room. We noticed a sign in the elevator which told us of a fire drill occurring in a few minutes, so we decided to just get out of there - the rain had subsided. It wasn't until we got to Footscray, had been shopping (and ticket checked), that we noticed how destructive the storm had been. Train after train was cancelled, V-Lines were showing up everywhere, and we were hurried onto the next train and taken to the city - which was lucky since we had a show in an hour...

Strassman, a ventriloquist, was doing a live show last night, and we had tickets. Oh my it was funny, right from the outset. Ted-E and Chuck were funny as always, some of his other characters were a bit lame - especially his stupid female robot puppet thing, but there were so many laughs. If you happen to be able to go to this show in the future, I recommend it - totally worth the $50 or whatever it was.

As I eluded to earlier, I took dad to the airport this morning; early this morning. Since then, I have been alone in the big wide city. Its a strange feeling - both nerve wracking and exciting at the same time. I got a few things done, including picking up my Karnivool tickets from the city (which was a bad idea - as I also spent $100 on CDs...) I went to a laundromat around the corner and did my washing (which didn't cost all that much really). Had a really good chinese meal for lunch - never seen anything like it, and only $8 (will get a photo up soon).

Until next time, peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment